Friday, October 05, 2007

Car Accident

Today after met up with a brother for getting the Mission Trip material, I met up with a car accident at 2.30pm while on the way back to my office. I was badly hit at the back of my car while the car that hit me was badly damage too. The incident was like this. The road that usually can let the car to come out from a junction to the opposite road is now become one way and I have to drive to the opposite direction to make a U-turn back to my office. While on the way to make my U-turn, I saw there was a car which was about few hundred metres away from me speeding up. Another thing was I saw that car was giving a signal light showing that he want to turn into the junction if I was not mistaken. Then, I just made the U-turn and right after the U-turn, after 1 second, I felt a big shock and started to slow down and stop at the side of the road. When I saw my back car, the bumper was dropped off and the oil tank was dented. One of the signal light was broken too. The back of the car also bended in which my car boot also can't get to open. Meanwhile the other car was broken down and the water was leaking out. I think it cost more to repair on that car. It was a Nissan Sentra while mine is just only Wira. He was an Indian and started to blame on my fault. I know I was wrong but the accident can't be said to be only wrong at one side. He was speeding at about 80kph while the road speed limit is only 50kph. If not, both of our car won't be that seriously damage. Very soon one of the car repairing people came over and asked whether I want to have a car tow and repair. Anyway, I already have my own insurance agent who has their own workshop. I was wondering how they come so fast and know the accident happened.

My 2 colleagues were coming over to support me. Thanks to them as well. If not, I will be alone and seem so helpless. After a long hour of waiting and calling for help, we finally went to make police report in a police station. His car was on tow while mine still manage to move.

After making all the police report, finally the police ended up with a conclusion that I was wrong and have to pay for the compound. Even though the police officer didn't said that I was wrong to make a U-turn because there is no signboard that cannot be U-turn, he kept on saying that I was hitted within 20m which by law, I was wrong. I said that the Indian guy was speeding but the officer said that anyone can said so and I don't have any prove to prove that. All they need is black and white. I was thinking that they also don't know how far that my car was already away from the 20m. At that time, I was so blur and don't know anything but just to accept the penalty. I admit that I'm wrong too.

After that, the officer just wrote the summon for me. He told me that I can pay before December. At that time my wallet only have less than RM50. Then he told me again that if I can pay to him by today, I need only to pay RM200 instead of RM300. Then I quickly went withdraw the money to pay to him. I thought that I was given a discount. After paid the money to him, he stappled the money with the summon letter that he gave to me earlier. When I asked receipt from him, he told me that I can only get the receipt after few days and by printing out through internet. I don't know why I forgot to ask him from which website. After being told by many people, I was only knew that the money was actually taken by him because he suppose to give me the receipt after I paid to him.

I don't know what's the wrong with me this whole week. Seems like many things gone wrong to me. I still have another summon that need to pay which I got it in this week for cutting queue. The police officer asked me "Kamu mahu bayar murah atau bayar mahal?" which means that whether do you want to pay cheap or expensive? I was shock of what he told me because I also saw the batch that he wore on his right shoulder saying that "Kami anti rasuah" which means "We are anti bribery". I just asked him to give me summon letter and he seemed not to be happy with me. He again told me again that he will write the summon and have to pay RM300 for that. Finally I got the summon. Even though I don't give bribe because I know it is wrong to do so but I still feel unhappy because I have to waste a lot of money.

Anyway, I still want to thank God that He still protecting me. Jesus, please continue to guide me in my daily life. May my days always glorify You, Lord.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sometimes people's fault will cause us to take the trouble. Haii..

Take care ling, be alert and pray..

Dear Lord, lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Was shocked by ur blog title =.=
Anyway still thanks God that you are alright in this accident.. :)

All the best brother and take care always...

Proud of you.. for you keeping the righteousness.. and I know our father in Heaven is proud of you as well! ^^

Anonymous said...

Good words.